What is the Problem?
- Food insecurity continues to be a crisis among our communities.
- There is a serious shortage of refrigerated and frozen equipment for safe fresh food storage
Food Banks and Food Pantry Refrigeration Donations
- Donations of perishable items are on the rise
- Food Banks and Pantries are not accepting available supply due to the lack of refrigerated and frozen space
National Refrigeration Program
Feeding America has partnered with Custom Innovation to create a turnkey solution for taking donations of retail cooling equipment:
- Cleaning and packaging the used equipment
- Handling and transporting the equipment to food banks and pantries
- Installing the equipment
- Managing that equipment at food banks and pantries across the U.S.
Who is involved?
- Family-run business with over 30 years experience managing coolers and freezers for packaged foods at retail.
- The nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization
- Providing over 3 billion meals per year to 46 million hungry Americans
Donor Partners include:
- National Dairy Council
- General Mills
How YOU Can Help
Become a Feeding America Donor Partner
- As a Feeding America Donor Partner, you will be respectfully requested to donate used refrigeration units.
- Make the equipment serviceable , Clean, Package and Deliver the equipment to designated Banks and Pantries
- Transfer equipment ownership to Feeding America locations
How Feeding America Helps
- Feeding America will offer the donated equipment to it’s Network of Food Banks and Pantries
- Increase the volume of perishable items donated
How Custom Innovation Helps
- Custom Innovation will supply a quote and provide support with in-store or refurb center cleanup, packaging for shipment, pick up and delivery to the designated Food Banks/Pantry, and all associated reporting requirements
- Custom Innovation will provide ongoing management of donated equipment throughout the Feeding America network for the life of the equipment.